Thursday, July 26, 2012

Stamped and Embossed CAS card



You may or may not know that I tend to like the clean and simple (CAS) look. Sometimes I feel like it is a cop out, making a card with so much whitespace. This card is an example of how a CAS card can still have a lot of work and technique behind it.

I used a background stamp for the 'gingham' panel. The background stamp that I used was checks, so I tilted it a little to get the skewed look that I wanted. That meant that I had to tile the background stamp, because it wasn't large enough to cover the whole panel once it was tilted.

For the flowers, I stamped them with clearsnap clear embossing ink, then heat embossed them with white top boss embossing powder. I stamped and embossed 6 flowers, then I cut three of the petals out of 3 of the flowers and layered them with foam tape on top of the other flowers. I used my thumb nail on the back of the petals to create a curved shape. (do this carefully so that the embossed design doesn't come off)

I layered the white panel on red cardstock and then stamped the sentiment in black dye ink from stephanie barnard for clearsnap. Finally I adhered the flowers and added the jewels.

A simple clean card, with quite a few steps and techniques behind it. Facebook

1 comments:

kellystar said...

I love CAS---those flowers are stunning (I have a "thing" for polka dots).