Friday, July 27, 2012

Things I love about this layout



Things I love about this layout...

-these patterned papers from Authentique's line, Genuine. I could wallpaper my house in these papers--and I don't usually love a whole collection, but with this one, every sheet makes me happy.
So, Authentique, if you are listening (or watching or looking or reading), how about starting a line of wallpaper?

-the yellow polka dot paper from Close to My Heart...
polka dots make me happy too

-the sandpaper I used to cut out the letters in BEACH.
Guess what they remind me of? SAND, sandpaper, get it?

-the pattern from this grid stamp (from Stampin' Up) that I stamped with clear embossing ink under the glitter

-the triangle banners at the top of the layout, with the twine underneath. The shape is from Fiskars new XXXXL "Banner Year" Lever Punch. I had previously questioned why I would need a punch that makes triangles when they really aren't that difficult to hand cut, but let me tell you...pop, pop, pop--3 triangles all the same size in 3 seconds, I was wrong...I LIKE it!  By the way, this layout design is from Smitha Katti's Quilt Block of the Month over on the Fiskars site.  I've been playing along each month, but recreating her quilt block with paper (because I am NOT a seamstress).  Go check them out here...she's going to have a beautiful quilt at the end of the year.

-the white lacy leaf from Kaisercraft tucked under the right side of the photo

-this cute photo of my son sitting in one of the many holes in the sand that he made that day

-the compass overlay from Me and My Big Ideas that is to the right of the photo

-the mini alphabet, Tiny Type, stickers from Cosmo Cricket--
I could collect these in every color!

-did I mention the papers from Authentique?
Oh, so worth mentioning again.

-the sparkly gold glitter, with that grid pattern, ooh la la!
In Florida, the sand really is sparkly!


OK, now things I don't like about this layout...

there is just one...

-the sparkly gold glitter

Oh, did you notice the sparkly gold glitter ended up on both lists?
(I bolded it for you just in case you didn't notice).

Actually, that sparkly gold glitter ended up on my barefeet, on the photo, on my fingers, on my clothes, in my hair, all over my scrap dungeon, on my camera, on the front porch (where I took the photo of the layout), do you get the idea?

I am reminded why I don't like glitter and why I don't use glitter. I tried that old high school art class trick of spraying hair spray over the glitter to help it set--didn't work. Maybe I need to use super duper Aqua Net, circa 1987?


Oh well, this layout is one of my favorites.
So much so, I could almost forgive and forget about the glitter.

Almost.

Hope you have a sparkly day!



~Kelly
Facebook

1 comments:

Beth said...

Love this...I'm a HUGE fan of that paper from Authentique, too!

And I can sympathize about the glitter! My daughter has been making sorority crafts with glitter this summer, so my craft room is covered! She just walked up to me and had glitter ALL over her face!