Wednesday, July 25, 2012

It is Christmas in July!!

I decided to keep the Christmas spirit going  from yesterday's post.  I've never figured out how the "Christmas in July" thing got started.  Is it because it is the half way month before December?  Or was it created to remind you to start your shopping early?

I don't take nearly the amount of pictures I used to take when I scrapbooked everything the kids did so my selection of pictures aren't always the best. Last night I was actually going through photo files on my computer getting them organized when I ran across this picture of my daughter sporting her special holiday attire.  (OH gone are the days of beautiful dresses, ruffle socks, and matching hair bows...) When I saw we were on the subject of Christmas, I decided to create with her photo.


I headed over to the Digitals store and shopped through their great selection of digi goodies.  Trying to stay focused on Christmas wasn't easy with all the choices available, but I did settle on two sets.  Digital scrapbooking is new to me and I'm learning by trial and error.  I'm finding I like it because changing your layout around is super easy as is changing embellishments.  I think this layout turned out pretty basic but not bad for a newbie.  However, I think a lot more practicing is an order.  This layout was made using one of the set's I purchased called Christmas Cheer by Jen's Cropping Creations.

Happy Crafting,
MelissaO Facebook

0 comments: