Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Celebrating the 4th with a trip down memory lane

Second only to me, my husband gets in the least amount of scrapbook pages I make. Poor dear, seems to lose out to the kids and the dogs most of the time. BUT, this time....it's all about him! He is the grill master at our house, and in these photos he's showing off the fabulous Father's Day apron that the kids created for him (it says "King of the Grill").

Over at Scrap Our Stash, the July challenge is "stars and stripes" and I knew that these pictures of the grill master would be perfect. These fabulous 2-sided, red/white/blue patterned papers are from My Mind's Eye and I am so proud of myself for not hiding them away to save for "something special". I have a tendency to do that with papers I love---I know it makes no sense, it's just silly ol' me.


And I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE making pinwheels!
I could put them on everything I make right now I think they are so cool! Maybe, because it reminds me of the 4th of July parades when I was little...my dad would attach metallic red, silver, and blue pinwheels to my handlebars and they would spin while I would ride. I couldn't find a picture that had those pinwheels on it, but I did dig up an old 4th of July picture of me and one of my brothers. In this picture (I think it is 1976), I had decided to decorate my doll buggy rather than a bike. I am groovy!

Happy 4th of July!


God Bless America!

~Kelly


Pin It
Facebook

0 comments: