Monday, July 9, 2012

Beautiful lace and trims

Hello. Today, I would like to share with you a layout I created for part two of May Arts Design Team Call. I had so much fun using mists and paint to alter my lace and ribbon on this layout. It's not everyday that I create something that I absolutely love but this one... I have to admit, It's a beauty! While it may look a little time consuming, it really wasn't once the lace and flowers dried, the layout came together quickly. I wanted to create a pleated border across my layout to add texture to my layout. This is such an easy technique and all you need to do this is a mini stapler and some lace or ribbon.  Simple staple a piece of lace to the paper, flip the lace back, staple again, pull the lace forward, staple and repeat this process across the paper.
Once I completed the border, I took a piece of ribbon that I had painted yellow and cut the flower out so I could create my own flower embellishment. I stapled the flower and a piece of lace directly to the layout to hold it in place. Then I tied the lace into a nice little bow and added a piece of bling to the centerpiece.
And here is the final outcome of my layout. The papers and stickers are from Glitz Design's Afternoon Muse Collection. And the jewels are from Zva Creative. I love this collection and I have secretly hoarding it for the right moment to use it. :)
Thanks for stopping by and please wish me luck because this is a team that I would love to be apart of! Who wouldn't like the opportunity to play with lots of fun ribbon in a variety of colors? Right?
Facebook

1 comments:

nancypinct said...

I clicked on your digital store and it says you are at Gingerscraps, but I can't find you there. Please write and let me know where you are! Thank you - Nancy P, lupynan30@att.net