Tuesday, October 4, 2011

a simple card with a fun technique

Today I wanted to share a simple, but really fun, card that I made on world cardmaking day!

I used paper from Pink Paislee's Mistables line. This paper has a pattern embossed on it, so it shows up when you put ink or mist or any other medium onto it. The papers were design to be misted on - hence the name. But I've found that ink works just as well or better!

I have a ton of the clearsnap cat eye inks in all different colors. For this technique I grabbed a rainbow of inks and used the stylus that clearsnap designed to work with the inks.
The tips are foam so they hold the ink really well. (the black ones can be molded into a texture using heat from a lightbulb - but I havent tried that yet) I used the plain white foam ones. I started with the yellow because that's the lightest color and I didnt want to have to wash the foam after every color. I dabbed some yellow ink onto the stylus, then started just gently rubbing in small circles where I wanted the yellow stripe to be, until I had completed the stripe. Then I moved onto the orange. This time I overlapped the orange onto the yellow just a little at the edge. After I finished with the red, I washed the foam tip and used a different dry one to start on the green.
The finished design looks really complicated but was actually simple! I chose to embellish with plain black trim, a white punched and embossed cardstock circle, and an SRM sticker sentiment. With all the color going on in the background I wanted to keep the additional pieces neutral. Facebook

6 comments:

kitsNbits said...

so colorful, love it

Sabrina Scrapbook said...

Stunning card!! Perfect colors :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for linking these up to this week's Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)
custom credit cards

Sandra Hawley Kutzke said...

Love all of your work Jill, the good Lord definately gave you a gift! Look forward to more... :)

Dora said...

megan, this is simply stunning! thanks for the clear how to.

Unknown said...

Your color theme are perfect but why you can't use the ribbon and other decorated element in your card!!!!


clear cards