Only two more months until Christmas!!! I LOVE Christmas. While a lot of folks are loving Halloween and declaring it their favorite holiday, I'm standing on my tip toes, taking a glimpse over the horizon and I see my twinkly Christmas lights, sugar cookies and gingerbread men waving at me!
Call me crazy. I don't care. I adore the holiday season and how it rejuvenates that desire deep inside of me to value the relationships I have and be so very thankful for the blessings in my life.
With all that said, have you started your Christmas cards yet? I start mine in August. Not because I'm completely psycho but because I procrastinate and if I don't start in August, they will never get done.
I've got a special project to share with you today created by Anna Sigga. I received this lovely card and envelope in my email about a month ago and knew immediately I wanted to share it with you on the blog. Check it out:
Supplies: Paper: 3ndypaper, Cardstock: American Crafts, Flower: Skrapp Og, Bling: Prima Marketing, Ink: Ranger Industries, Tools: Stamps: Basic Grey, Punch: EK Success
Anna has gone above and beyond and put together a visual step by step on how to construct your own envelope.
To see more of Anna's beautiful work, make sure you check out her blog here.
Now... get crack-a-lackin on your Christmas cards!!! You still have time to submit to our current calls for Card Corner right now. Check them out below:
Card Corner. As we enter into a season of new and fresh beginnings, love and friendship we want to feature cards showcasing sentiments including New Years, Valentine's Day, Friendship as well as Thank You, Happy Birthday and Congratulations. Take a look at the following techniques we'll be featuring and send us your fabulous cards!
- Color Combo. It's the season of love. Send us your cards showcasing any shade of pink and red. You can throw in a neutral and one other color to "pop" but keep the focus on those "love"ly colors.
- Feeling Misty. We've seen them used on layouts and altered projects but we want to see how YOU showcase mists and inks on a small canvas. Send in your cards using mists. You can use masks, maybe mist an embellishment. Be sure to include design notes on how you used mists on your card!
- Ribbon. Ribbon adds a fun texture to all of our projects. We want to see creative ways you use ribbon on your cards.
- Being Transparent. Feeling like people are seeing right through you lately? No? Well, we'd like people to see right through your cards! Use a clear media such as acrylic or transparencies. Get creative - cut them, ink them, use it as a base. Whatever you do we want to see them!
- I Heart You. Heart embellishments, hearts used in a sentiment or stamp, heart shaped cards. These are just a few of the many ideas a heart can be used on your cards. Send in your creative card featuring a heart (or hearts)!
Please send your work to email@example.com.
Please send a separate email for each submission you would like to be considered for publication. Please keep the image size around 600 x 600 pixels. Thank you!
Have a great Tuesday!