Thursday, December 29, 2011

Mixed Media Canvas

Now that we are heading toward the New Year, my mind goes directly to my resolutions.  One of my resolutions is to clean up, simplify and make my scrap room pretty.  I think I get more creative when my surroundings are pleasant and clean.  So how about a little wall art?

I made these four "seasonal" 4x6 canvas art and left room for litle wallet size photos.  I will line them up on my wall and not only have something I made to look at but also photos that I cherish.


I have Spring, Summer Fall and Winter.  I used the Blick Studio stretched canvas on a 4x6 wood frame.  I first painted the canvas then I started layering stencils, paper, foam stamps, and rubons.


I made these little tags to mount my photos and I matched them to the canvas.






These dont take a lot of time because they are 4x6, and you can make them any theme you want.  For instance how about, Peace, Love, Happiness, and Art?  That is my wish for the New Year.



Facebook

4 comments:

Annette Witherspoon ♥ said...

These are sooo pretty!! I've been wanting to use canvas in my creations. This has inspired me!

Nicole Martel said...

Those are lovely!!

kellystar said...

AWEsome! You are motivating me to get my 4 season project done!

Dora said...

my goodness! these are sooooo cute!