Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Easy Greeting Tag for Beginners

I love coming to the ScrapStreet blog and seeing the wonderfully creative Holiday cards being showcased!  
I am a "newbie" when it comes to paper creations - it wasn't until a month or so ago I really started to dive in to the world of paper crafting ... so I feel like I have a lot to learn and a long way to go before I'll be able to create really unique and beautiful paper projects, but I wanted to create some sort of Holiday greeting to send to our family and friends this year.  This is what I came up with:

I purchased white tags from my local craft store and since I've been engulfed in the world of digi for so long, I felt very comfortable using software (Corel) to create a greeting to print out on the tags.  You could also stamp a greeting or saying on the tags ...


Once I had printed up a dozen or so tags, I inked each one with Tim Holtz Distress Ink with Peeled Paint (green), Vintage Photo (brown) and Worn Lipstick (pink).


I used Tim Holtz Grunge Snowflake stamps to stamp randomly along the edges and then used Tim Holtz Vintage Photo embossing powder.  


I had some brown envelopes tucked away, and used one of the larger Grunge Snowflake stamps on the corner and embossed it with Antiquities embossing powder.
 I found a piece of bright green snowflake ribbon that I wanted to use, but it was way too bright, so I distressed it with Vintage Photo distressing ink (I love that stuff!)  
These were easy to create and each one is unique ... and I hope other paper crafting "newbies" can use this idea to create greeting tags of their own!!  


Facebook

4 comments:

a1983alaskan said...

Very pretty :-)

kellystar said...

I love how you chose to make the snowflakes brown---I wouldn't have thought of that and it looks awesome!

Heidi Nicole said...

So awesome! You are so talented girl! Happy Holidays!

kitsNbits said...

great tags and easy to follow