Thursday, April 29, 2010

Blooming Kind of Day...

Every spring my kids and I love to head down to the local garden store and find beautiful blooming flowers to fill our many empty pots. We pay close attention to keeping them blooming, but eventually they seem to fade away and lose their petals. So it is only natural that I am drawn to making them last through scrapping.

After working with many die cuts and papers over the past three years my new found love for felt and fabric has taken over my craft space. Today I wanted to bring you a short and easy step by step guide to making a beautiful blooming fabric flower.

1. Cut several layers of fabric, depending on the desired fullness you wish to have for your project.
2. Take the die cut fabric, separate layers or all together, and roll into a ball in your hands.

3. Assemble flower layers and sew, or stitch, to project in an "X" pattern.
Once you have attached the flower you can add embellishments such as buttons, adhesive rhinestones and pearls, or just leave it as is.

The great thing about these flowers is the more wrinkled the better.

Hope you have a wonderful day and thank you for allowing me to share this with you!

Andrea

Facebook

9 comments:

Melissa said...

LOVE this!

Quilter422 said...

love this - i'll be trying it soon!

lapetite said...

what fun!

Janneke said...

what a great idea! will try it!

Monia - Monika Jakubowska said...

You`ve made a very beautiful flover!
I love it:)

Dora said...

so fabulous! I love it--thanks!

Anonymous said...

Ohhhhh! I LOVE this!!!
Thanks!

Nicole Martel said...

fabulous!!

Krystle said...

BEAUTIFUL flower! And I just got my rak from you yesterday -- thanks so much! I loved everything (especially the bg chip alphas!)