Sunday, February 12, 2012

Who, What, and Where?

Today I’m going to introduce you to an awesome digi stamp shop, Wax Fruit Company.  I asked Arielle H Gordon, the owner, to tell me about how she got started and she told me, “I was born with a crayon in my hand. No, not really, but like so many crafters, creating things has always consumed a large part of my life from a young age. I always took art in school and I later studied graphic design and fine art photography in college. A day without art in some form is an unfulfilled day for me.”

She got involved with stamps after winning a door prize at a Bunco party from Stampin’ Up.  She said, “At first I felt insulted that people considered stamping, "art", and tossed it to the side. A week later I started looking at that catalog over and over, and pretty much wore it out. It IS "art" and in a way it's one of the best kinds of art in that it's such a "grass roots" sort of art movement, involving so many people from all over the world... letting people know we love and care about them - one card or crafted item at a time!”

It’s been almost a year since Arielle has opened the Wax Fruit CompanyIf you aren’t familiar with her art, you need to visit her blog shop.  Drawing is a hobby for her.  She likes to create digis for her own use and offer them for sale so others can use them too.  Her images are line drawings with a bit of a rustic look.  They look like hand drawn images to me, but let’s see what you think.







The top three examples were done by Arielle and the last one I did.  Once you order your digi comes zipped and contains the image in both 300 dpi jpeg and png formats.  Delivery time turn around is fast.  Arielle told me, "All the images are cropped right up to the line to make re-sizing easier. I also keep a record of all orders and will replace images in the case of loss. So if your computer crashes, don't worry - I'll replace any of your purchased WFCo images for free!"  How great is that!

Now that you know who, what and where abut the Wax Fruit Company and Arielle, go take a peek at her art. it is truly an inspiration whether it's a digi, or a completed project!

Happy Crafting.http://waxfruitcompany2.blogspot.com/ Facebook

1 comments:

Arielle H Gordon said...

This was a great article Melissa! Thank you so much! Hugs ~Arielle