Monday, February 27, 2012

What a Difference!

Have you ever created a layout that you just love, yet something didn't seem quite right about it?  I have - and I have found I can fiddle with elements, shadows and photos for hours, trying to get just the right feel for my page.
Here's a quick tip that I hope will help you next time you find yourself stumped ... try changing the background papers on your layout.
I had grabbed a the light green background for this layout because the color matched the flowers in my DIL's bouquet.  I created my page and liked how it turned out, but I felt it was a little washed out - so ... I opened up each background paper in the kit and layered them all under the elements and photo on the layout.  One by one I began hiding and un-hiding the layers.  When the dark blue background appeared, I knew it was the one I would use!

Here's the "before" layout:

And here is the layout after adding that beautiful deep blue paper:
(Kit credit for the above:  For Us by Pretty In Green Designs, found HERE)

Here's another example ... I started by using the turquoise background because of the colors in Chelsea and Trenton's clothing.  Again, it seemed washed out, and when I switched the background to the darker color I liked how it made the photos pop from the page.

After:
 Kit credit for the above:  A Fresh Start by Sugar Pie Scraps found HERE)
And on this page, I started off by using the dark background.  I liked how the black and white photo blended in well with the background.  Then I swapped out backgrounds ... the lighter color background really made the beautiful red flowers come alive on the page and even made the black and white photo look better (in my humble opinion!)
 After:
 (Kit credit for the above:  Enjoy Life by LDrag Designs, found HERE)

Thanks for stopping by today - I hope you have found inspiration here!
Have a great day!!
Facebook

0 comments: