Saturday, February 25, 2012

Time Savers


I know I'm not the only one trying to find more time to scrap. Let's face it, there are only so many hours in each day, so I'm really not going to find more time. But, I've been fooling myself into thinking I have more time by being more efficient with the time I have. Let me share two "time tips" that have been working for me.

1) Use sketches. There are SO many sites, blogs, magazines, and books that can help give you that gift of time. I used to think using sketches was "cheating". REALLY?! Are the "scrapbook principals" going to come and check on my work? Sketches are not cheating. They are actually huge time-savers. Sometimes I use the sketch exactly as I see it, other times the sketch gives me the kick I need to start, and then I just use some of the elements from the sketch.

2) Look to other art sources for inspiration.  Find design principals and patterns that already exist in other art like painting, knitting, sewing, quilting, and other crafts. This page above is based on a quilt block that fellow Scrapstreet writer, Smitha Katti is doing as her Quilt-Block-a-Month for the Fiskars website. I do not need any more hobbies, so I am not going to even try quilting (although I could probably do this one since it is just straight lines). But, I can take a quilting design and re-create it with paper. It's not cheating...it's a time-saver.

What do you use as time-savers? I'd love to hear your ideas. Send them to me... kelly@scrapstreet.com , and I will share them in a future blog post.

 

Just a quick shout for this new POW Micro-glitter Paper from American Crafts. No more glittery fingers, eyes, nose, lips, counters,socks, (do you get my idea?). This thin, self-contained paper gives the same ultra pizazz as other glitter papers, but without the mess. And, it's punchable! I used it for the flowers and "PRINCESS" on this layout.  Check it out!


~Kelly

Facebook

1 comments:

Liam Santos said...

Hello mate great bloog post