Sunday, February 19, 2012

Hello You


Reason #859029122 why I love making my own cards: I can personalize the sentiment to my voice.

What do I mean by that? Well, you know how we all have our personal "slang"? Little phrases that seem to come out when we are around those we are most comfortable with... maybe even local slang that you use when greeting someone or congratulating them. Sometimes store bought cards can be so generic with their sentiments.

Happy Birthday


I Miss You


Thinking Of You

BORING!

Okay okay. Yes, I make a plethora of cards using those very sentiments. But I like to throw in some that use phrases like:

Dude... It's your BIRTHDAY


Hello You


Hey You


How You Doin'? 


Oh My Gah!

You see where I'm going here? So maybe the next card you make, consider personalizing it even more with one of your "signature" phrases. The recipient is sure to get a kick out of it!  Here is a card using Jen's new kit with a personalized sentiment.





Digital Kit used: Color Blast 1 by Jen Martakis


Other Supplies: Cardstock: Bazzill Basics Paper, Letter Stickers: Lily Bee Design, Flower: Kaisercraft, Button: SEI, Jute: unknown


Thanks for swinging by! I am finding some time to be crafty this weekend then heading down to Seattle for a birthday bash. What are your plans?

~ Melissa E.





Facebook

1 comments:

dovadje said...

Thhis is awesome