Sunday, May 30, 2010

to be set afoot

This one I'll write and rewrite and probably write once again before this post goes live (but, yay! Blogger let me cut and paste so I avoided a 4th rewrite!). Such is my life! I've been so incredibly focused on my own self that I haven't had a lot of time to give - I hate that! Working on healing, you see: a new ankle sprain and an old fracture in the right one. Tried an air cast for 3 weeks then doc put me in a boot. Well, Friday was my day to get out of my boot! Walking tall and proud today! Well, maybe not so tall (at five foot), but happily, for sure!

With all this happening, I've been watching for scrapbook layouts and photo ops with just limbs and body parts. One of my favorite things to do when the kids were little was to scrap their tiny feet, their little hands, even their cute button noses. 

I was going to go borrow a friend's baby pictures or the baby feet that Karen Russell offered to those of us in her class, but the same day I got to take off my boot, I played in the sprinkler with the kids. Quite literally, mind you, as McKenna picked up the sprinkler and totally got me soaked. One of those joyful super laughing moments I won't soon forget. How can you be mad when you're sopping wet?!

So, with scrappable body parts on the brain, I became completely focused on the kids' feet as they jumped through the sprinkler over and over again. There was as much joy in their toes as was in their faces. I didn't get the perfect feet photots, but I'll keep trying! I did get the cutie at the bottom of this post, though. =)

As I can now almost jump for joy, won't you do the same thing? Look for closeups hands, feet or whatever seizes the moment. You can always creatively crop a photo to include just that portion, but capturing in the moment is so much more fun! 

p.s. - both of my images are out of focus =( but that doesn't mean I won't keep trying! Above are Matthew jumping and McKenna's feet.

Facebook

1 comments:

Dora said...

very cool crops! got me thinking.