Sunday, May 13, 2012

Cards made with Digital Scrapbook Kits

I have hundreds and hundreds of digital scrapbook kits tucked away on my computer however, I am not very good about re-using them for a scrapbook page.   I have recently started to use them for making hybrid cards.  Thanks to my Silhouette Cameo, nearly any element from a kit can be cut out and background papers can be printed out and used on the cards as well. I have added flowers, "bling" and stamps to the cards ... a fun and unique way to re-use kits ... and when mixing and matching kits, the options are endless!

This card: 
 
was made using Butterflies in Bloom by Kathy Winters

And this card:

was made using Space Explorer by Inspired Designs

I hope these give you some ideas and inspiration ...thanks for stopping by!!
Facebook

1 comments:

Vianna said...

I like what you do with the digi kits & Silhouete; do you use the print and cut feature for this? It's something I started doing when the machine first came out and then hardly anyone was doing it (see link to my Flickr for stuff I made back in '04 and 05). Now I'm caregiver to a 95 yo mother and hardly have time for any of this ... You might consider doing a tutorial on how you do this - so many others want to learn. All the best from A Florida Gal.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/40437577@N00/sets/72157600595805924/