Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Reminding Myself


It's only April and I am reminding myself the word that I chose for 2012: STILL.

 Isn't it amazing how quickly we forget and/or get distracted?  The easy out would be to just change my word but I know that wouldn't be the right thing to do. Nothing quite like committing to it, once again, than creating a layout with that reminder.


The past few months have been busy on all accounts. Some life changes going on and just business in general. It's easy to get caught up in it and get frazzled. Thankfully, I have the word on my wall so I am reminded constantly. It also fit perfectly to create something to remind myself using the April kit from Scrapbooking from the Inside Out - CONTENTMENT.


I went a little bit out of my style and comfort zone with this one. I find that I feel safe and cozy when my layouts are centered and linear or horizontal in nature. But this one, I wanted to try something just a little different. I think I was inspired by the patterns of the Teresa Collins papers and elements from the kit.

Not sure.

I like the symbolism of calmness that the banner creates. For some reason I picture laundry hanging outside, blowing gently in the breeze and a calmness hanging in the air.


Love those tickets from Jenni Bowlin! I wasn't quite sure how I would incorporate them but I just went with it. Filled in the blanks and turned it into a way to date the layout, balance the layout and complete the journaling.

So how are you doing with your word? Had to do any reminders yet?

Facebook

0 comments: