Saturday, April 14, 2012

New Releases Coming Soon!!

Hi everyone. Normally I'm not one for a big sales pitch, but when it comes to crafting yummies,bring it! If you're anything like me, you get really excited when companies release new goodies!! During CHA, I visit every blog I can to find about the latest and greatest stamps, inks, papers, tools and any other new yummies. I read the reviews, watch video demos, scour the blogosphere for pictures ... Yeah, you could say I'm a junkie. Just a little bit.  One of these days I hope to actually visit CHA and witness all the exciting news first hand!

In the meantime, I'm glad the virtual world offers an opportunity to keep up with the latest trends, techniques and hot new products. Scrapbook manufacturers have gotten really good at using the Web to not just share, but interact with its global customers. Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, company websites and blogs, message boards, paper crafting communities and, of course, digi magazines like ScrapStreet have opened up the world to us! We can share our work, comment on projects, enter challenges, contribute articles and so much more. We can also access a huge array of supplies made available for purchase online. You don't have to live in a big metropolis to get your scrap on anymore!

I have learned so many techniques from watching YouTube videos or reading tutorials online. I just Google "How to [fill in the blank]", and I usually find what I want on the first page.  If I didn't have this virtual world, I don't think I would have been able to grow and hone my skills. I certainly wouldn't have all the awesome tools I have because I would have never heard of them. Copics? Silhouette Cameo? Crop-a-dile? What are those? Not only do I know what they are, I own them!! And if you have a limited budget, there are so many articles and tutorials that can really teach you how to stretch your crafting dollars!

I have a little confession. I have somewhat of an ulterior motive for this post about how helpful the Web is for paper crafters. I am also announcing a blog hop and live UStream event that takes place one week from today announcing new releases for Pink by Design Stamps, where I am honored to be on the design team. There are some really neat stamps coming out. I am super excited about it. During the hop, we will be sharing projects using the new releases. Later that day, at 9 p.m. CST, Sarah Hamer (owner of Pink by Design) will do a live webcast to show everyone all the fun new sets. You will have the opportunity to live chat with her and everyone else at the event. It's actually really fun. My husband even enjoys it and he doesn't scrapbook!! All the details will be listed on the Pink by Design site. I hope you can join us.



I really do think the paper craft world has evolved because of the Internet and I encourage you to take advantage of all the opportunities it has to offer, although if you're reading this post, you probably already are!! LOL!





Facebook

0 comments: