Friday, March 30, 2012

We Love Lily Bee Design

Each year, as we roam the halls of CHA, the Lily Bee Design booth has become a perennial favorite. A few of us are die hard fans that look forward to the beautiful, classic designs that Kristen and her team create. They work beautifully for layering, using with your die cut machine and especially for clean and simple layouts. I thought I would share with you all a few creations I made using two of Lily Bee's brand new releases. They should all be arriving at a store near you if they haven't already. :)

First up is a layout and an altered canvas using Victoria Park. I love the slightly bold pastel colors mixed with the black. This collection was designed by Lily Bee design team member Julia Stainton. So beautiful!


Everytime I dig into the papers from Lily Bee, I begin to dream up ways to use them with my Silhouette Cameo. The flowers and black border at the bottom are shapes from the Silhouette. 


These were the first collections I've used that include the die cut bits. The banner on this layout uses them. And the little flower shapes in the bottom right of the layout are as well. So cute and add that perfect touch.


The pinwheel flower is also a Silhouette shape.


For this next layout I used the Handmade Collection. LOVE the colors and quilted elements included in this collection.


The flower and word 'memories' are cut with the Silhouette Cameo. Something that has become a fun new way to add texture is jute or twine doodling. Adds a perfect amount of whimsy, don't you think? 



Lily Bee Design has two more collections that were released for Spring/Summer. Head on over to their blog to view them and all the wonderful creations their new design team is creating!

hugs,
Melissa E. Facebook

0 comments: