Thursday, March 15, 2012

Oldies but Goodies


It is still weird to me to refer to scrapbooking paper as "old" or "out of style". Isn't that what we say about clothing? And hair styles? I get a little chuckle over the fact we refer to paper crafting supplies with the same thought.  But I can see how we would. Colors that we enjoy change, patterns change, motifs change...

But some are timeless. Like red, green and polka dots. And boy do I hope kraft is a timeless elements too. What would I do without my kraft?

I recently dug into my stash and used some Pink Paislee papers from last year. (Oh my gosh.. sooo last season...) <--- teehee.  I also had some SRM Stickers from last year that I used. I LOVE how well the cupcake goes with the colors of the papers.


I still love how those white stickers POP on the kraft paper. *happy sigh*


The little tag for the sentiment is a stamped image using the banner stamp from the Pink Paislee collection - Hometown Summer. There is a sentiment already part of the stamp so I just inked around the edges and used an SRM sticker for the sentiment.


Showcasing the dimension. And you will notice the pattern on the inside. I used a 5x12 piece of the patterned paper and then stuck some kraft on the inside for a writing area. I love doing this so that there is pattern on the inside of the card too.

So what stash have you dug into? Is it really old or just a year old? And do you get a kick out of the whole "fashion approach" we have in the paper crafting world? "Oh my gosh I can't believe there's an owl on that... that's so 2010..."

I crack myself up.


~ Melissa E. Facebook

0 comments: