Sunday, February 6, 2011

An angel moment

Ever have a day where you really need a nice note?  Just a little something that perks you right up?  One of my friends calls these angel moments--a time when God uses a random and unsuspecting person to deliver a much needed smile.  I love that description.

I spent the entire week sending out "Cease" emails to various sites.  For some reason, a person using the name GangaParker decided to take our freebies and those from many other designers, download them, and then upload them to many other sites in direct violation of our terms of use.  For those of you who might be new to the digi scrapping world, please know that this is illegal.  I have the right to give away my work for free--you do not.  You may use them, but NEVER upload and share any designer's kits.

In the middle of tackling this mountain--each kit posted in more than 25 places--I received the nicest email from Savannah O'Gwynn from the challenge blog All Things Unity.  She wanted to ask if it was ok if she used one of our freebies to make a graphic for her challenge this week--with appropriate credit this week.  Savannah showed her appreciation (as do all of  you who are kind enough to comment) for the hard work and talent that our designers share with all of our readers.  It really made my day!  Thank you so much Savannah!

As a matter of fact, I appreciated it so much that I immediately offered to share her challenge with all of you.  Here is her graphic using my Sweet Sunshine kit:


The challenge is easy enough since these stamps totally rock!  Want some more inspiration?  Take another look at our article on Unity Stamps in our January Issue.  I think I will pull out some of my favorite stamps and play along.  I love a good challenge and how can I resist one from my angel?

Want to join me? 
 
Facebook

3 comments:

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OH MY GOOOODNESS! Dora--I'm so sorry to hear that this person did that to your wonderful elements!! I appreciate you sharing them with us!! And I am soooooooooo glad that my email helped you smile--also known as an Angel Moment! LOVE THAT! God is good;) Thank you for sharing my graphic (I'm so new to these! But it looks fab on your blog!!)!! I love that you are so supportive and giving! THANK YOU for your elements and for sharing this great post:) Blessings to you!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU:)

StampinCathy said...

Thanks so much for posting about All Things Unity Challenge. You are just the sweetest.

farmhouse-story said...

dora, you are such a doll! thank you so much for sharing your adorable work with all things unity!!

also, i love the photoshop tutorial below--i'm slowing learning through helpful blogs like yours!