Sunday, October 21, 2012

Paper Embellishments

Hello everyone! Today I am going to share a layout using lots of paper embellishments. While I was scrapping, I realized that I was running low on embellishments so I had no idea where this layout was going... I sort of went with the flow. I started by laying different papers down and stitching them together using my sewing machine. Then I placed the photo in the center of the layout and decided to use that as my focal point. From that point, I decided to print a digital embellishment and add that below my photo and I hand-cut the banner from patterned paper! I used a stamp and ribbon to fill in some white space and created a paper pinwheel to finish the layout!
Here are some close ups on how to create a pinwheel of your own:
Instructions for how to create a pinwheel:
1. Use 1 2 1/2"x2 1/2" Square as your base.
2. Using a paper piercer, poke a hole in the center of the square.
3. Using a pair of scissors, create cuts from each points towards the center leaving a small space in between.
4. Fold ends towards the middle, using glue dots to hold them in place.
5. Add a brad or die-cut to the center.
Supplies: Glitz Design "Afternoon Muse" Papers Glitz Design "Pretty in Pink" Digital Layered Sticker Glitz Design "Pretty in Pink" Digital Whatnot Epiphany Crafts Heart Epoxy Tool American Crafts Bloomers May Arts Trims in brown polka dots Catslife Press Stamp Dylusions Ink in bubblegum pink Creative Memories Heart Punch Creative Memories Circle Punch
Facebook

0 comments: