Monday, November 21, 2011

Thanksgiving Placecards

Hello everyone!! On Thursday, those of us from the good 'ole U.S. of A. will be celebrating Thanksgiving. Personally, I have so much for which to be thankful. I am fortunate enough to be able to share my passion of papercrafting with all of you. I am fortunate enough to have a loving family and I am blessed to be able to spend Thanksgiving with some of them.

I have many, many more blessing in my life, but I chose to highlight those two examples because it represents the project I am sharing with you today -- Thanksgiving Place Cards.

Those of you with a Silhouette machine may recognize this image. It's the Free Shape of the Week. Just go to the digital download store and get your free image. If you don't have a Silhouette, don't fear. This is simple enough to do with scallop and circle punches.

 In the original image, the turkey is holding a banner that reads "Eat Pie." I simply changed it to the names of my family members. I use dimensional stickers to pop up the turkey and the banner and adhered it onto a piece of kraft cardstock. I didn't want to fiddle with the eyes and beak, so I used a gel pen to make the eyes and hand cut the beak. Easy peasy.




Tip: Make sure your letters are wide enough to easily weed them out of the paper. Also make sure the name can fit across the banner. I started with the longest name (which happens to be mine).

I hope my U.S. friends have a blessed Thanksgiving, and all my international friends have a blessed week!! Facebook

0 comments: