Sunday, November 20, 2011

Just a little something...

During the holiday season I always think of people that I would like to show my appreciation to with a little gift, but my checkbook doesn't feel the same way.  I realized I could make something, but it really needed to be something that was quick to make.  What about TAGS!  With the popularity of gift bags why not give tags? I know that I rarely gift wrap anymore because the bags are so convenient and truthfully I hate to gift wrap.

You can make tags for any occasion.  Just because my examples are all Christmas doesn't mean you have to create Christmas tags too.  A great plus about creating tags is that you can use your "leftover" goodies that you have been saving.  If you are like me you save stuff thinking that at some point you will use that one sticker left on the sheet, or the goofy die cut flower that you have never been able to figure out what to do with. 

Most of my tag that I'm sharing were done using digital stamps.  Because I LOVE to color with my Copics most of my tags include a colored image.  I also like to use Glossy Accents and Stickles to add sparkle and shine to my holiday tags so you will see these products throughout too.  These tags feature stamps from Dilly Beans Stamps.


My next group of tags are a little more manly.  The center one was created using a Tiddly Inks digital stamp, but the others were created using stickers and diecuts. You can create tags quickly if you use pre-made embellishments plus you still get that hand-made look.  They make a perfect gift too.


My last three tags are snowmen.  The middle snowman is a stamp from Hambo Stamps.  The outside ones are from Dilly Beans Stamps.  Most of my tag bases are cut out of card stock, however a few are Bazzill pre-made tags, which I love.   You can easily save time by using a pre-made tag as a template to cut your tags from. 


All you need is an hour or two and your leftover stash.  You can create a bunch of one-of-a-kind tags to give just to show you care.  Your checkbook will thank you for it! Facebook

0 comments: