Thursday, January 6, 2011

They say it's your birthday...

Right?  Or is it my birthday?  Oh yes... yes it is.  It's MY birthday!  I think it's a sweet gift to just be able to come spend some time with all of you!  Have you had a chance to view our new sister magazine GingerScrapStreet??  How exciting right???  I'm not a digital scrapper but I'm dipping my toes into the hybrid world and having a blast with that.

Anyway... in case you haven't figured it out yet, this is Melissa and I'm so happy to be the first of the pit crew to share a blog post with you this year.  Have you made any resolutions?  Perhaps you are participating in One Little Word this year.  I'm not taking the class but I do make a point to come up with a word that I feel will be my focus for the year.  My word is Reflect.  The reason I chose this word is so that I will remember to take my time.  To enjoy the moments and take time to reflect on what I'm learning and how I'm growing.  I also want to take into consideration areas of my life that need changing and maybe areas that I've been too afraid to dive deeper into.  I love that my birthday is at the beginning of the year too because it makes it extra momentous.  A new year, a new age, a new word and a redefined outlook on life!

While I have you here I wanted to share with you a shaped card I whipped up the other night.

Supplies:  Paper:  Lily Bee Design, Cardstock: Bazzill Basics Paper, Recollections, Ribbon: Pink Paislee, Sticker: SRM Press, Adhesive: Helmar, Other: bling, Tools: Electronic Cutter: Silhouette SD (Shapes: 8_piece_mini_scalloped_round_corner_rectangle, card_kit_icecreamcone)

I love the look of shaped cards.  This card was fairly simple to put together.  After cutting out the shapes on my Silhouette (LOVE that machine!!!) I layered them all with the patterned paper and ribbon and sticker.  Threw on some bling to make it look like sprinkles and here you have what I like to call a simply made shaped card.  The great thing about shaped cards is that you know they were easy to make but they look like it took you hours to create. 

Are you a card maker?  Do you love to make shaped cards??  Check out the current call that's going on for Card Corner:

Card Corner: Get into shape! Share with us your shaped cards and the tools you used to create them.

Send your submissions to submissions@scrapstreet.com by January 31st!  Can't wait to see them.

OH!  And before I let you go, make sure you check out the beautiful projects showcasing Unity Stamp Company!  We are very delighted to be featuring them this month in The Showroom.  You won't want to miss it!  And a very special thank you to Unity for so generously sponsoring us this month.  We absolutely adore you!

Hugs,
Melissa Facebook

1 comments:

Unknown said...

this is cool and a great challenge idea..
byebye,lean