Thursday, August 25, 2011

Crafting with Kraft

I am a blank canvas girl. 

To start a scrappy project, I start with a white sheet of cardstock and my photos.  More often than not, I would keep that solid white as my base.  At least I did until two scrappy friends I love and admire introduced me to the wonderful world of kraft.

Stacey (It's Just Paper) and Jen (The Crazy Scrapbooker) both sang the praises of building with kraft.  They took the time to convince me that it really did work with all colors and added a depth that white does not.  And it photographs really well.

So I took the plunge.  In a big way.  I ordered a 25 pack of kraft cardstock and I dedicated 30 days to starting my creations with it.  Three years later, kraft is a good friend and I am still buying it in 25 packs. 

At CHA this summer, I fell in love with a relatively new company called Simple Stories.  Have you seen their items?  If not pop over to their blog and see!  I bought every collection and knew from the first that they would be krafty crafting.

I need a few thank you cards for work, so I started there.  Take a peek:


Just a Jillibean Soup flower and a few strips of this gorgeous floral paper.  I cannot wait to play with it more!


I love this sweet gingham, too.  I paired it with more Jillibean Soup--a company that creates fabulous kraft elements.

I took my scissors to a die cut card to set this darling balloon free.  My daughter's first cross country meet is coming up soon and I plan to slip this in her gym bag as a good luck note.

I hope that I can pass on a bit of the kraft love that Stacey and Jen gave to me with all of you!  Have a cute krafty item to share?  I would love to see!

Facebook

4 comments:

Linda said...

Love the cards!

Sherri said...

I only began using Kraft after seeing Stacey's lovely creations with it also :) Now I love it too.

Cynthia Lloréns said...

Those cards are gorgeus..I loved !!
This is my first time in here and I´m follower now.
I wish a wonderful week.
Kisses and huges from Brazil
Cynthia

Connie Mercer said...

I love Kraft also!! Super cute cards!!