Thursday, May 5, 2011

Take 5, part 2

I thought that using only 5 types of items would be easy.  After all, I am a simple scrapper--how many items could I need?

I decided to use one line to make it a fast and easy page.  I decided to use:
1.  patterned paper--Crate Paper
2.  alphabets--American Crafts
3.  die cuts--Crate Paper
4.  trim--Crate Paper
5.  buttons--Crate Paper

I had to stitch since it is my favorite technique, but I decided not to count thread as an item.  I also decided not to journal--an oddity for me, but I scrapped several pages of pictures from this event so the story was already well documented.

Here is my page:


It is unusual for me to scrap during the work week.  There just is not much time between work, dinner, and kids' activities but by simplifying my process, I managed to make a layout that I loved.  Although it took 2 days, it really was only about 30 minutes.  On day one, I selected and sized photos.  I printed them together in a block and took a few minutes to sketch out the layout.  On day two, I pulled out this Crate Paper collection and selected the items I liked.  After dinner, I popped back down to put it together.

I am going to try my Mother's Day cards next.  I need to make 5 and would love to do them as a quick and easy set.

Tell me--how do you simplify your scrapping? Facebook

0 comments: