Monday, December 29, 2008

Thoughts for a New year!

A New Year is soon upon us! How time flies away from us, slippier than an eel and as substantial as mist. Do you plan on making any resolutions? I try, but on the whole I prefer to make a goal that I can work towards rather than some rash promise made in the heat of the moment.


One of my goals is to do more journaling in my layouts, even if these layouts are just for my eyes or those of my family! I have come to realise that I have nothing written down from my own parents and only snippets of stories remembered from my long gone grandparents. I want to pass on something tangible to my children, not for now, but in years to come.


On that note, here are some New Year quotes and sayings to think over and maybe even scrap your layouts and other projects with these in mind.



Good resolutions are simply checks that men draw on a bank where they have no account. Oscar Wilde

Many people look forward to the New Year for a new start on old habits. Unknown

A New Year's resolution is something that goes in one Year and out the other. Unknown

Be always at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors and let each new year find you a better man. Benjamin Franklin

Year's end is neither an end nor a beginning but a going on, with all the wisdom that experience can instill in us. Hal Borland

Cheers to a New Year and another chance for us to get it right. Oprah Winfrey

We will open the book. Its pages are blank. We are going to put words on them ourselves. The book is called Opportunity and its first chapter is New Year's Day. Edith Lovejoy Pierce

New year, same goal. Joe King

Let this coming year be better than all the others. Vow to do some of the things you've always wanted to do but couldn't find the time. Call up a forgotten friend. Drop an old grudge, and replace it with some pleasant memories. Vow not to make a promise you don't think you can keep. Walk tall, and smile more. You'll look ten years younger. Don't be afraid to say, 'I love you'. Say it again. They are the sweetest words in the world. Ann Landers

Look not mournfully into the past. It comes not back again. Wisely improve the present. It is thine. Go forth to meet the shadowy future, without fear, and with a manly heart. Henry Wadsworth Longfellow


Finally, the last freebie of 2008 from me and very appropriate it is to, if you are going to record your resolutions or as in my case to do more journaling! Some star shaped journal mats.




You can get them here for a while!

I hope you and yours have a very safe and Happy New Year!


Facebook

2 comments:

Pattycakes said...

Love, love, love the journals!! Thank you and have a Happy New Year!! :)

MemoryKeeper said...

You would think that as a teacher, I was always had the right journaling, but I am forever looking for great quotes! You've outdone yourself with this post, and awesome freebie...thanks!

Here’s to more happy scrapping, and
Hugs from the heart,
Jeanette

Come scrap your blog with me…
Easy Custom Blogs