Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Multi Media altered notebook

Lately I have been really into mixed media. I guess it is a trend now and I'm not the only one. Nevertheless, I thought I would share a mixed media project with you.

This is a notebook that I got for a quarter at a back to school sale. I covered it in a couple layers of Gesso, then pressed the crackle molding mat into it. After that I sprayed it with the new Stephanie Barnard Dye ink in Banana, then ran the Banana ink pad over the texture for a little more definition. The muslin was hand cut and then stamped with the Rollograph and three colors of stephanie Barnard dye ink. The chipboard was gesso'd then sprayed with Dye ink in Orange, then inked with some brown chalk ink. The trims are Hydrangea Hippo.

I have also been using modeling paste. The texture on the background probably would have worked better with that, but I didn't have it at the time. It's thicker than gesso and holds texture and design well. I have been using it with stencils to create an embossed look.





Facebook

0 comments: