Saturday, September 10, 2011

Altered Pendant

Today I decided to play with my paints! I was a little bored but didn't feel like scrapping so instead, I decided to alter my cute pendant made by G.C.D Studios. I believe you can purchase these pendants at your local Michael's or Joanne's.

The paints by Tattered Angels looks fabulous against the chipboard. First I splashed a dab of each of these colors of paint on the chipboard and then blended them together with a brush to make purple. The glimmer glams used were Chandelier, Love Potion No.9 and Mermaid. Using the Mermaid paint, I painted the tiny butterfly by Jenni Bowlin and used a heat gun to dry it. I put the heat really close to the paint to make the paint bubble up to give it a bit of texture.

Once the paint dried, I used a wooden mount stamp by Tim Holtz and some dye ink to create a little floral pattern.

I then glued the tiny butterfly to the center of the pendant and waited for it to dry. And here is the outcome. Isn't it pretty?


Facebook

1 comments:

Linda said...

Oh that is pretty Nicole!