Wednesday, June 1, 2011

1+1 = 3

Julie Ann here with two special projects to share. My article in this month's issue of GingerScrapsStreet Magazine highlights ideas for babies! Here are two extra-special projects that I wanted to highlight on this blog. Check out these adorable projects, and be sure to see more in the June issue in the 1+1=3 article!
 Sweet Baby by  Melanie Kelly

Supplies: Paper: Making Memories, Alphabet: American Craft Thickers, Alphabet Stickers: Tiny Types, Flowers: Kaiser Craft, Jules Gems & Green Tara, Tags: Making Memories, Journaling Spots: Making Memories, Pearls: Kaiser Craft, Punches: Martha Stewart, Friska circle punch, Border Punches: Friska


Design Notes:In this Layout I layered the flowers & papers to give tlhe ayout some dimension, also using the Journaling from the paper range.



It's A Girl by Sandy Ang
 
 
Supply list: Paper: Best Creation, Tags: Best Creation, Stickers: Best Creation, Buttons: Junkitz, Other: paper clip, cord
 
Design Notes: I used Best Creation Safari Boy stickers to create a whimsical altered project.
Using a supersized paperclip, I made this little decorative item for a baby girl shower. It was fun playing the various shapes : from the length of the giraffe's neck, through the swirly stems and circular florals. And it was a moment of pure serendipity when I saw the blue acrylic button with the word pure in my stash. It fit perfectly in the 'belly' of my Mama giraffe to represent the little baby that's coming.
Facebook

2 comments:

Sandy Ang said...

Thanks so much for featuring my altered paper clip !

Julie Ann Rachelle Interior Design said...

My pleasure!!! xoxo