Saturday, October 2, 2010

Saturday Challenge: 10/2

Happy October!

I am a part time rural mail carrier. My favorite part of the job is getting to see all of the different front yards and porches. What...is that weird? Well, maybe. But it's true. When I drive up to a mailbox and see a beautiful flower garden, it just brightens up my day. When I walk up to a door to deliver a package, I pay attention to the landscaping and the way the front porch is decorated. They all have their own special vibe to them. Some are fun. Some are elegant. Some are comfortable and welcoming. So many different personalities shining through. I just find it all very interesting.

I especially enjoy it when they change with the seasons. Today I saw lots of fun Halloween decorations. I saw corn husk bouquets tied up with ribbons. I saw pumpkins of every size and shape. And I saw so many mums in festive fall colors.

But the house that really caught my attention? It had a big pink ribbon tied around the mailbox. And a sign in the yard that said: "remember...October is all about the pink!"

In honor of October being National Breast Cancer awareness month...let's see some PINK in your scrappy projects this week. Facebook

1 comments:

Dora said...

I can totally feel pink this week!