Friday, October 26, 2012

Something a little scary





For this Halloween project, I decided to make something a little scary for you! It was just a little scary for me too...I had never made a home decor collage project. Although, all scrapbook pages are sort of a collage, and I've made banners, this was different for me. Lots of steps and layers were a bit intimidating, and I placed and re-placed and positioned and re-positioned all of the elements a zillion times before I started gluing. I started by arranging (and re-arranging) an assortment of Halloween stamps onto my Fiskars stamp press as seen below.



Then, I stamped randomly on some white tissue paper using black Stazon ink.


I glued the tissue onto a thick piece of cardstock and then, I started inking with Tim Holtz Distress Inks and Stain...more randomness



I started punching and cutting...I spy with my little eye Fiskars Grandma's Doily, a small cloud (as clouds and ghosts), and a small bare tree.  I used my Fiskars Ultra Shape Xpress to cut the large tree from the Fiskars Woodland Tree Template.   And, I also used a Martha Stewart fence border punch as well as letters cut from a Sizzix Alpha die. The checkerboard-like, flocked paper for the tree is from My Mind's Eye.

 


Then the arranging and layer began (that part lasted a long time). Finally gluing.


This weekend, I'm participating in the 3rd Annual Fiskateers ORANGE Blog Hop! For more info about Fiskateers, and the blog hop, you can go to www.fiskateers.com/




 

Facebook

0 comments: