Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Themed papers for non-themed projects

It's not really a new concept but it's something that I have been doing a lot lately, and it helps you to stretch your supplies, and to inspire creativity!

For this first page, maybe the theme switch isn't SUCH a stretch, but it is a little beyond what you might think of immediately for a school line. I used Imaginisce's Geek is Chic school line, combined with a little of their Happy Camper line, to create this page about my daughter loving Harry Potter. This page was created with this month's Imaginisce challenge sketch, which FYI you still have time to enter.

This card also uses Imaginisce. This time I used the Happy Camper line and some We R Memory keepers stamps to create a 'new home' card.
Finally, here is a Halloween card that I made using some Fancy Pants Beach Babe and Off to School. This is certainly a themed project, but I used differently themed products to create it.
Facebook

3 comments:

Annette Witherspoon ♥ said...

I love these ideas! I used the Geek is Chic line too to make a birthday card for my DH. (He's a techie geek.)

kitsNbits said...

great ideas and love the mixing different lines together

Dora said...

Megan that layout is stunning! I am so in love!