Saturday, October 15, 2011

Fall in Oslo


Hi all.
It's Gudrun here from Oslo, Norway.
We have really beautiful fall here at the moment.
colors popping out everywhere. I really love this season. Love the cool, crisp air, the new start at school, the new possibilities that fall always seems to bring around. And of course I Love the COLORS:  :)
I love taking my family for a walk along the fjord or in the woods that surround our city. I find so much inspiration in the nature at this time of the year.

The layout I wanted to share with you today is all about celebrating fall.
"HØST" - in norwegian.  :)


Added some "birds on a line" rubon. The birds will soon leave for warmer countries, and we are happy to still have them here for a while, singing their lovely tunes.
I have cut all my favorite photos from a little Hike into squares, to make my layout more "tidy".
Love the "whimsy" grid look when the pictures are not too straight.

Some brown and light colored flowers add a bit of dimension, and are mimicing fall flowers and leaves.
Added a cotton twine along one side ....wanted the layout to be a bit "messy" like the leaves on the ground, the wind and the last pieces of old flowers.
Some mist along the edges added the last splash of grungy fall feel to this layout.

Hope this inspires you to grab your fall pictures and make a layout inspired by how fall seems to be at your place.

Have a wonderful weekend.
love
gudrun
Facebook

8 comments:

kellystar said...

very pretty LO for a very pretty time of year...love the "spritzing"

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I loveeeeeeeeeee this Gudrun! I love love love the way you added the yarn and the flowers! BEAUTIFUL! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Connie Mercer said...

so cute!!! Love the bird rub~ons!!

DIANA L. said...

Very inspiring Thank you
DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

Melissa said...

This is stunning! Beautiful work Gudrun!

Anonymous said...

I love this - it works beautifully!

kitsNbits said...

love everything about this layout. especially the colors!!

Dora said...

love this! warm colors and a bit of grungy fall.